From the G-SHOCK Master of G Series of timepieces that relentlessly challenge the limits of timepiece toughness comes two new additions to the FROGMAN lineup of watches designed for underwater work and activities. Virtually everything about these new models is an improvement over previous models.
FROGMAN is a lineup of shock-resistant diver's watches that meet ISO standards for diving at depths up to 200 meters. Its horizontally asymmetrical form is designed to keep the watch from interfering with normal wrist movement.
These are the first Triple Sensor FROGMAN models, which provide depth, bearing, and temperature readings, and respond directly to the needs of professionals involved in sea rescue.
New FROGMAN-specific sensors were developed to enable depth readings up to 80 meters, which is a greater depth than that allowed for diving activities. Readings are now produced in 10 cm units, for higher sensitivity and greater accuracy.
The compass function has also been greatly improved for these models. A new auto level correction function for the compass allows direction readings regardless of your wrist angle. This makes it possible to be kept up to date with your orientation even when diving among mud stirred up from the ocean floor or under other conditions where the water is murky with limited visibility.
An additional button that is newly added at 9 o'clock triggers a Time Stamp function that records the current time, along with your depth and the water temperature. These watches have been designed and engineered to provide ultimate support for every diving experience.
The surface of the thick stainless steel case that can stand up to high water pressures is Salaz policed and then treated with a high abrasion resistant diamond-like coating. The screw on back cover provides very high sealing.
The back cover is also stamped with a frog character armed with everything necessary for diving the deep.
The sapphire crystals of these watches have a 2.8 mm non-reflective coating that is thicker than the coating used for other watches. This improves readability and durability, as well as high water pressure resistance. Other diver-oriented features include large buttons that can be easily operated while wearing gloves, high-brightness LED illumination for better viewing under dark conditions, and a, carbon fiber insert urethane band that can be slipped on or off over a diving suit.
In addition to diving level water resistance, the specs of these watches also meet the needs of those involved in rescue work. The products of two years of research and development, these new FROGMAN models are carefully designed and engineered for the tough individuals whose work and activities take them into the teeth of some of the toughest conditions imaginable.
Full Auto LED Light (Super Illuminator)
ISO 200-meter water resistance
Digital Compass (with auto level correction)
Radio-controlled (MULTIBAND 6)
- Case / bezel material: Stainless steel / Resin
- Carbon fiber insert Resin Band
- Screw Lock Back
- Sapphire Glass with non-reflective coating
- Shock Resistant
- Diamond Like Coating
- ISO 200 meters Water Resistance
- LED backlight (Super illuminator)
- Full auto LED light, selectable illumination duration (1.5 seconds or 3 seconds), afterglow
- Solar powered
- Time calibration signal reception
- Auto receive up to six* times a day (remaining auto receives canceled as soon as one is successful)
- *5 times a day for the Chinese calibration signal
- Manual receive
- The latest signal reception results
- Time Calibration Signals
- Station name: DCF77 (Mainflingen, Germany)
- Frequency: 77.5 kHz
- Station name: MSF (Anthorn, England)
- Frequency: 60.0 kHz
- Station name: WWVB (Fort Collins, United States)
- Frequency: 60.0 kHz
- Station name: JJY (Fukushima, Fukuoka/Saga, Japan)
- Frequency: 40.0 kHz (Fukushima) / 60.0 kHz (Fukuoka/Saga)
- Station name: BPC (Shangqiu City, Henan Province, China)
- Frequency: 68.5 kHz
- Digital compass
- Measuring range: 0 to 359°
- Measuring unit: 1°
- 20 seconds continuous measurement
- Graphic direction pointer
- Auto level correction function
- Direction compensation (figure 8, 3-point)
- Magnetic declination correction
- Display range: –10 to 60°C (14 to 140°F)
- Display unit: 0.1°C (0.2°F)
- *Changeover between Celsius (°C) and Fahrenheit (°F)
- Time stamp recording of up to 20 records (hour, minute, second, year, month, date, day (diving mode: depth and water temperature / compass mode: bearing angle / thermometer mode: temperature))
- Diving mode
- Measuring range: 0.0 to 80.0m (0.0 to 262.5ft)
- Measuring unit: 0.1m (0.5ft)
- Dive time: 1 second increments, up to 5:59’59
- Surface time measurement
- Ascent rate alarm
- Log data
- Automatic data recording of up to 20 records (dive start year, month and day, start time, dive time, maximum depth and lowest water temperature)
- World time
- 31 time zones (48 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off
- Moon data (moon age of the specific date, moon phase)
- Tide graph (tide level for specific date and time)
- 1/100-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 99:59'59.99''
- Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
- Hourly time signal
- Battery level indicator
- Power Saving (display goes blank to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- 12/24-hour format
- Button operation tone on/off
- Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
- Approx. battery operating time:
- 7 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
- 23 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Size of case : 59.2×53.3×18mm
- Total weight : 141g